Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Birthday card using Hero Arts June 2019 add ons

My grandson turned four on January 28th. I love making fun interactive cards for my two grandchildren and shaker cards are my favorite to make. I bought the fun June 2019 kit from Hero Arts and some of the add ons  and decided to use them. I have an obsession with buying supplies but then I don't use them. I also went out of my comfort zone to try using water color paints from Altenew. I'm not very good at using them. The monkeys turned out ok but I did not really like the frame die. I'm thinking that maybe I should have diluted the paint with more water before I smooshed. I think these monkeys are really cute and wanted to make it look they were swinging on vines to match the sentiment. I strategically glued the vines under the frame. I had to fussy cut the monkeys so that I could hang them from the vines. On the inside, I used two different sentiments to turn it into a birthday saying. I forgot to take a picture before I hand wrote the message, so you have to look at my sloppy writing. The sequins were from my stash and probably came from Pat Catan's. Unfortunately, that store had since closed.

Main Items used:
         Hero Arts Jungle Fancy Frame Die
         Hero Arts Thanks a Bunch  Monkeys w
          coordinating dies
                      





Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: