Monday, January 19, 2015

Live Love Laugh Canvas

It's time for another challenge over at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. This time it is Anything Goes. We have 3 great sponsors this time who are giving away some great prizes. They are:


 Prize: 3 images to winner
 


 Prize: $25 gift certificate to winner 




 Prize: 7 images to winner
 

I am on Team C, who is working with Bugaboo images. I chose the Live Laugh Love Rose Block from their great selection of images. I like to do things other than cards for anything goes challenges so I chose to do a quick 6x6 canvas. Our local scrapbook store owner discovered a new product for us to try. It is called Decor Attitude and is just one of many such products by Craft Attitude. It is kind of like a transparent film. You just copy your image from your computer using your printer and adhere it to your project. This image was just black and white with no coloring. You have to print a mirror image so that it is backward on your film. I printed it onto cardstock and colored it with Prismacolor pencils and Gamisol. I then copied it onto the film. I wasn't sure how it would work, but it did just fine. I chose the "best" setting for my copy so that it would turn out as dark as possible. When it is printed, you have to trim it because the sheet is 8 1/2x11. I then took the canvas and covered it with Tim Holtz music note tissue paper. I used the Glue N Seal by inksentials to adhere it. After it dried, I used acrylic paints by USArtQuest (mixed with their transparent glaze so that it was see through) and covered the tissue paper to create a background. When that dried I just used the Glue N Seal again to adhere my Decor Attitude image and WaLa a finished canvas. To snaz it up I covered it with PPA (also from USArtQuest) and sprinkled microfine glitter on the leaves and roses. I also added some stickles, rhinestones, and dewdrops. The edges of the image did not adhere as tightly as I wanted so I used liquid glass from CTMH to glue them down better. Here it is:


Unfortunately, you can't see all the glitter and the color of the background is a little washed out. As you can see, the image copied onto the Decor Attitude perfectly. It sounds like it took a lot of time, but it really didn't. The most time consuming thing was the coloring. Everything dried very quickly-even without the heat gun.

We hope that you will join our Anything Goes challenge. Just click on the picture on the right sidebar to go to the LTSCB site. We have a great DT who have created wonderful things to inspire you. You have 2 weeks to enter.

I am entering the following:

20 comments:

Olivia1 said...

Wow! This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing how you made it. Linda :)

Michelle said...

This is a gorgeous canvas and a fantastic idea for an image - love it - Michelle x

Lillian A said...

Really pretty, Annette, and this is just a fabulous creation. Lovely.

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning! LOVE the beautiful images and colors! Fabulous canvas! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

A lot of work went into your creation. Love how it turned out. It is beautiful :o)

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is a gorgeous canvas!! Great design and color!

~ginny said...

Thanks for sharing your project & creativity with us at Aud Sentiments Annette! This canvas is really pretty with the light music image in the background and the flowers and butterflies over it... I like the dew drops too!
~ginny, Aud Sentiments DT: [#123 - ATG ]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Leslie said...

What an amazing project, Annette! Thanks for sharing your tutorial- I may have to add some of that Decor Attitude to my stash. I love the delicate colors you used. This turned out really nice!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! With SU
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Crafty Cardmakers and more DT
3 Girl JAM DT

Veerle said...

This is so beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration at LTS challenge. I was happy to join in too. Greetings, Veerle

Donna said...

Beautiful card, fabulous saying, I have this same digi just have not used it yet. You displayed it beautifully! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

BrendaB said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!

Paper Panda said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments!
Mandy x (AS DT)

MRS DUCK said...

Hi there
A truly lovely project. Thank you so much for joining in at House of Cards challenge.
Best wishes.
Ang.

Barb said...

Very Pretty Card!

Thanks for joining us at the Melonheadz Challenge this week. Good Luck! We hope to see you join us in future challenges too.
Barb—DT

Vilhelm man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vilhelm man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vilhelm man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Such a lovely canvas, I will have to give making a canvas a go one day, thanks for the inspiration and thanks for joining us at House of cards.
Lorry :o) xx

Pat said...

Love your canvas! I love mixed media canvases, too. Thanks for playing in the Path of Positivity challenge this month.

Desire Fourie said...

Wow this is a gorgeous canvas which shouts spring. This is so perfect for our UNIQUENESS theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Path of Positivity DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}