Monday, December 15, 2014

LTSCB Challenge 44 "When Nature Calls"

Hello. Welcome to another challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. This should be a pretty easy challenge to participate in, so we all hope that you will join us. The theme is "When Nature Calls". Your project must contain some kind of stamping (digi or rubber) and something from nature-plants, animals, water anything you can think of. Our sponsor is:
Prize: $10 gift certificate
 
Stitchy Bear's Digi Outlet 
I chose the image called Winterville. It can be found here. It is a lovely image. I was pressed for time so decided to do CAS. I really like how it turned out. Here it is:



Leaving most of the image in its original black and white, I added color to the pines and clothes using a nib and distress ink. I then framed it with the large die from the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles set. I had to cut out the inside of it since it makes a mat. I popped it up with foam tape. Silver ribbon and snowflakes from a Martha Stewart punch complete the layout. I stamped a simple sentiment in red and added stickles to the trees, roofs, and a little ground of the image. I also added stickles to the snowflakes. The inside is just flip of the outside.

I hope you like this and I hope to see your work on the LTSCB blog challenge. This is the last challenge of the year. You have until Dec. 28th to enter.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

I am entering the following challenges:
http://fussyandfancychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Snowflakes and Ribbon

12 comments:

brenda said...

Very pretty and so traditional feeling Annette.

B x

BrendaB said...

This is so pretty!Love the sparkle and that diecut mat is gorgeous!

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at Ooh la la Creations Sue DT xx

Wynn said...

A very pretty snow scene. That die frame is fab. Thank you for joining us atOLL challenges.
Wynn DT

Diane said...

Beautiful snow scene...looks just like the real thing!!! Thank you for joining us at "Fussy and Fancy" for our "Snowflakes and Ribbon" challenge!!
Diane FAF DT

Olivia1 said...

Beautiful coloring on the image. It reminds me of Currier and Ives. Love that die cut frame.
Linda :)

Shuly said...

oh yes indeed you've done a great job on the image!! perfect colours and great nesting die, absolutely gorgeous card!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Annette - so elegant and the details are gorgeous - Michelle x

Mary Lou said...

Oh Annette...I love this card!! Just adding a pop of color to the image is Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining in the fun Snowflakes and ribbon challenge at Fussy and Fancy!! Best of luck:)
Hugs and Happiness

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful Christmas card Annette! I love the vintage feel of this image and you colored just a little bit. Great job!

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya Thank You for joining us at the Paper Nest Dolls Challenge blog Your work is outstanding and a joy to see
Hope to see you next challenge Merry Christmas and Best wishes for the holiday season From Sharon (DT member)

Linby said...

This is my kind of Christmas card! Just love it.

Thanks for taking the time to join us at Ooh la la.
Lynn x
DT
Happy New Year