Monday, September 1, 2014

LTSCB Challenge 37 "Let's Fly Away"

Hello and welcome to another challenge on our Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. This bi-weekly theme is "Let's Fly Away" where you need to create a project featuring something that flies. Our sponsors this time around are:

Prize: 7 images of choice to winner

Bugaboo Digi Stamps

and
Prize: 3 images to winner




Here is what I created using images from Bugaboo Digital Stamps:


The base is cardstock. The plaid paper is from Paper Pizazz. The circle is a Memory Box die and is cut out of specialty paper called Shimmer Sheets. It is a very thick paper and has a different consistency than regular paper. It does not die cut easily and I had to hand cut parts of it with scissors and a craft knife. The shiny effect is spectacular though and worth the effort. The other dies that I used on the image and inside mat are from the spellbinders nestabilities decorative labels 8 set.The sentiment was typed on the computer and die cut. I inked the edges with chipped sapphire distress ink and added rhinestones. I popped it using foam tape.

Here is the inside. I spritzed the die cut with a spray I made using water and white Perfect Pearls.

Here are close ups of my Bugaboo images. They are (in order of appearance) Dollar Dragonfly, Rainboot Bugs, and Chubby Butterfly 1. These are adorable images. I colored them using inktense pencils. I added Stickles, 3D Crystal Lacquer, and Wink of Stella for glitter and shine. I attached the bugs on the outside of the card using wire.

  



I hope you enjoyed my creation. Check out the rest of the DT by clicking on the link on my sidebar. I hope to see your creations entered into our challenge. Until next time-Happy Crafting!!


I am entering the following:

9 comments:

Leslie said...

What a fantastic card showcasing your little flying friends! This is great, Annette, and I love all the detail you've put on this card! Great job!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

BrendaB said...

I love all the sparkle, Annette! Great touch adding wire to the little images on the front!

Martha Tucker said...

I just love all the glitter and the coloring on craft! Hugs Martha

Shuly said...

waa abeautiful dies!!! i love these frames and your intricate design! adooorable bugs too!!! such a great project!!

Debi said...

Glorious glitter! Love the die cuts.
The dragonflies and butterfly are so cute and using the wire was a great idea. The inside is wonderful, too.
Hugs, Debi

Karen McAlpine said...

Love those glossy insects!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great layers with your card! Love your sparkly dragon fly :o)

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

What a fantastic card ! I love all the sparkle!! It's so cute!

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

Super cute!! Love all the goodies on your card, especially the dragonfly! Great work!!

Hugs,
Cathy