Monday, September 15, 2014

LTSCB challenge 38 "Anything Goes"

Hello. Welcome to another Love To Scrap challenge. This time around it’s Anything Goes. We only have one sponsor for this bi-weekly challenge and that sponsor is:
 DRS Designs 

The Prize:


I am working with an image and sentiment by DRS Designs that they graciously provided. The image is entitled “Snow Globe” and the sentiment is called Spirit of Christmas Greeting. Obviously I made a Christmas card. I have been wanting a snow globe image for some time. I saw this one and decided to give it a try. Normally we are not supposed to use any images or stamps from other manufacturers, but what is a snow globe without something inside. I don’t have anything else from DRS so I put a silhouette nativity inside.  That way I am not taking much away from the globe itself. This is my first shaker card ever. I got on You tube and found a simple tutorial. I decided to give it a go. I had to tear it apart and add a second layer of foam tape because the snow is just too thick and wouldn’t move around. It wouldn’t stay inside the tape either because the tape did not make a high enough wall. I don’t think it turned out to bad for my first try.



I used my gellyroll clear stardust pen on the stars inside the globe. I stamped the nativity with brown momento ink but it wasn’t dark enough. You could see the background paper through the image. I traced over it with copic E49 which helped tremendously. I stamped a star onto yellow cardstock and cut it out (not the easiest thing to do). I covered it with Wink of Stella gold and yellow pens for some sparkle and mounted it to the stable with a glue dot. Then I took diamond stickles and added more shine to the background. I had printed the globe several times on regular paper until I got the right size. Then I placed a small piece of brown cardstock over the globe’s base and printed again. I cut it out and layered it over the image. The cardinal and poinsettia are movers and shapers mini dies by Tim Holtz. I covered them with his frosted film for sparkle and used distress inks to color. The cardinal wasn’t dark enough, so I colored him with R27. I cut both dies out of a material called Clearly for Art. I used the whitout for this but it also comes in clear and black. You can heat this material and then shape it. I only shaped the poinsettia. The green branches are a pine branch punch from Paper Blossoms. The DP is from an old Christmas pack that I have had for years.

Here is the inside:




I used a small image of the snow globe printed on white cardstock. I colored it with copics-BG10 for the globe and E23, 25, 27, and 29 for the base. I then used Wink of Stella pens clear and brown to add sparkle. I stamped an angel inside using Delecata Gold ink. I applied a thin coat of 3D Crystal lacquer and sprinkled a little Rock Candy distress glitter and Recollections Bling extra fine glitter so that it looked like snow swirling around inside. I then added a thick layer of the crystal lacquer for a glassy effect. The sentiment was printed using Word. I changed the color using the recolor picture tool.


All in all I am very please at how this turned out. I hope you like it too. Thanks for stopping by. I hope to see your creations entered into our anything goes challenge. It runs from Sept. 15th-28th. Just click on the picture in my side bar. Until next time, “Happy Crafting”!!

I am entering the following challenges:
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.com/  Add some Lines
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/ Rock the techniques (Distressing, shaker card, using 3D Lacquer to create a glass look)
http://stamplorations.blogspot.com/2014/09/september-challenge-stamps-markers.html Stamps and Markers
http://thepapernestdollschallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://throughthepurplehazechallenges.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes
http://acreativeromance.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes
http://qkrstampede.blogspot.com/ Things with wings (Cardinal and Angel)
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.com/ Anything Goes

21 comments:

Jacquel said...

Lovely card Annette! Love the scene & all the sparkle...very nicely done!
DT Sis Jackie

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

I haven't even tried a shaker card yet, so to me, it's looks like you did a fabulous job! I like the little scene you created on the outside. I also like how you put a small globe on the inside as well. Great job!

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Annette! Love all the greenery and the scene inside your snow globe! Fabulous project!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

Michelle said...

A beautiful card Annette - lovely layout and colours - brilliant work - Michelle x

Karen McAlpine said...

I like how that jelly roll pen looks on the stars!! Really fun snow globe project!

Shuly said...

AMAZING!! i love love love those snowglobes! the glassy effect is superb and the card just fa-bu-lous! what an inspiring job!

BrendaB said...

This is just fabulous, Annette! Love all the shimmer you added!

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

It's amazing ! I love how you use the 3D Crystal lacquer!!

Sherri said...

Beautiful Christmas card! I love all the design & I know this will be a card anyone would love to receive! Thanks for joining us for this week's challenge "Things with Wings" at QKR Stampede!

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous Christmas card, I love this design and you have chosen a lovely traditional image, they work so well together. Thank you for joining in with all of the fun at the Crafty Boots Anniversary Challenge.

Dionne

karalschuknecht said...

Thanks for joining us this week for things with wings.
Karal DT for QKR Stampede

Crafting with Darcy said...

Just gorgeous! Love all the elements you have included!! The inside is just as beautiful, too! Thanks for joining us at Through the Purple Haze Challenges!!
Hugs
Darcy

Andrea said...

Wow.... I just love all the different techniques you have used... Beautiful...

Andrea TTPH

Pamellia said...

Wow, amazing holiday card! I love your snow-globe, such a wonderful idea and the mica really adds glimmer! So creative! :)

butterfly dream cards said...

Absolutely beautiful....great ideas..

Fiona dT
TTPH

Emma Williams said...

Beautiful card and such a wonderful, creative idea! Thank you for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous holiday! Thank you for joining our "Add some Lines" Challenge this week at Love to Create.
Ruza ~ LTC Admin/Designer
Ruza's Craft Corner

Sharon Noble said...

very nice Thanks so much for joining us at the PND challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!
Big hugs Sharon ( DesignTeam Member)

Katya said...

Wow! lovely card and very meaningful. You have created a wonderful Christmas card. Thank you so much for sharing. Thank you for joining us at Through The Purple Haze Challenges.

Katya Bess
TTPH DT
http://www.kattyxotica.blogspot.com/

Debi said...

Super job , especially for your first shaker card. Love the baby globe on the inside too. From your description, you really persevered making this card. Now you have to put all those supplies away. Hugs, Debi

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome shaker card! Thanks for joining in at STAMPLorations!