Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Graduation cards

My cousin had 2 children graduate this year-one from high school and one from jr. high. She had a party over the weekend. These are the cards I made:

Daryk is a fisherman. He competes in tournaments in state and out of state. He has a sponsor, boat, truck, all the bells and whistles. This is his card:


The stamp is Magnolia's Edwin Wants a Hug. I printed a graduation gown and hat from a clip art search. I then altered the gown so that the arms were spread. I traced it onto blue cardstock and cut it out. I also paper pieced the hat. The fishing pole and diploma were also clipart cutouts. The fishing line and tassel are gray jute. The background stamp is Hero Arts and the "Congrats" is Close to My Heart.

Devan graduated from 8th grade. Here is the card I made for her:


The image is Happy Spring Tilda. The banner is a diecut from Tim Holtz. "Hooray" is from Close to My Heart. It actually has more words on the stamp, but I just used the one.

Here is the inside of both:

 
I just handwrote my sentiments. I do not have any stamps to fit with graduation themes. Daryk's said: Now that you've hooked your diploma, you're on to bigger and better fish to catch.

I found a challenge at the Ribbon Girl to enter. Here is the link to it and other challenges:
http://ribbongirls.blogspot.de/ Magnolia Only
http://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Paper Piecing
http://www.cupcakecraftchallenges.blogspot.com/ Boys
http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.com/ Edwin only



7 comments:

brenda said...

Great graduation cards Annette, I always find them difficult ones but you have done a perfect job.

B x

Anonymous said...

Two beautiful cards love the images and the striking colors. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie (Owner) xx

Nicolchen said...

Wonderful cards you´ve made :0)))

Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards and congrats to you niece and nephew.Thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations on our paper piecing/piercing challenge hugs Tania (DT) xx

crafty-stamper said...

Both great cards and love the paper pieced images -thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations
Carol DT x

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for joining my challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Tracy said...

What fabulous and fun graduation cards, thank you for sharing with us at Simply Magnolia.
Tracy xx