Sunday, May 19, 2013

Apple Retirement Card

Two teachers that I work with are retiring at the end of the school year (which for us is May 30). I came upon a blog called Besties Challenge Blog about a week ago and decided that I wanted to participate in their blog hop challenge. They offered a free image to work with and a monochromatic scheme. Since my friends are teachers, I cut 2 apples out using Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge. This became the base of my card. The image I believe is called Two Small Girls. I thought it could represent students or, since one girl is bigger than the other, a teacher and student. Apples are red in most teacher based things, so red became my challenge color. Here is the picture:
s
For some reason, it looks a little hazy. Maybe my lens needs cleaned. The award was also cut out using Plantin Schoolbook. I used Tim Holtz alphabet tape (how fitting is that?) and self-adhesive lace from I Love Tape. I used versamark and stamped on the red cardstock base (top of the apple). The sentiment side is vellum that has red splatters. It is hard to see. I used copics to color the image and a red gellyroll stardust pen to add sparkle to the award. I also used stickles and 3-D lacquer on the image.

Here is a link to the challenge:
 http://bestieschallenge.blogspot.com/  Monochromatic
http://asimplefive.blogspot.com/2013/05/inspire-me-fridays-103-anything-goes.html 
Anything goes
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/  Anything goes

5 comments:

DOROTHY MADEREEL said...

What a lovely card you made. Very special your apple. Love pink colour. Thank you for joining us at the Bestie.
with love from Holland,

Dorothy

Sheryl said...

This is such a lovely card. Thanks for jroining us at The Paper Shelter this week. Hugs Sheryl xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

I love the shape of this how fab! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, hugs Susan x

Lori Aragon said...

Oh how I adore your card! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Paper Shelter's Anything Goes Challenge! Have a wonderful, creative week :)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Fabulous, love the shape and the papers and layout are brilliant
Lindsay xx