Monday, October 5, 2015

Use Lace or Ribbon at LTSCB



Welcome to another fun challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. This time around we want to see your fabulous stamping with some ribbon or lace added to your creation. Again we have some wonderful sponsors with fantastic prizes!


Prize: 20% off website certificate to winner


Prize: 2 images of choice to winner


 Prize: $10 gift certificate



I chose for this this challenge SLS image Goth Girl with Top Hat. She is colored with Copics and PrismaColor pencils. I love seeing steampunk creations, but it is not something that I am good at doing myself. Still, I like to experiment sometimes. There are some great embellishments that go with steampunk creations, but if you are like me you hate running the risk of putting all that money into something that someone will just throw away. So many people that I know just are not sentimental  and do not look at cards as the pieces of art that they are. They get them, keep them a few days and throw them away. I don’t want to spend money on something that will be thrown away.

My card is my first double gate fold. I used the tutorial over at Split Coast Stampers. The Tim Holtz paper reminds me of the tags with the sizes on them that manufacturers used to put in these kind of hats. Check out the little piece of ribbon that I used as a hat band. That took a little work lol. I had to paper piece the hat. I also used the side piece of DP as a pocket. I cut down a Doohickey tag and stuck it in. For the hat on the inside I had to draw a base so that it did not have any hair or face. I glued the image onto the base and then popped the brim with foam tape. I also used Glossy Accent on the glasses.

Anyway, here is the card that I made.





Recipe:
Papers: Black cardstock, gray cardstock, DCWV Tattered Time stack, Tim Holtz Ideaolgy Crowded
             Attic stack, and a piece of unknown script paper from my scraps.
Stamps: SLS Goth Girl with Top Hat Digi Stamp SLS Lines and "Hi There" from Hanging Around 
              set by Just Right 
Inks: Black Archival, Momento Grape Jelly, and Dusty Concorde Distress
Pencils: PrismaColor with blender and some Gamisol 
Markers: Copics E0000, E00 and E11 for skin
Dies:Magnolia Doohickey Tag, Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Frames 3, and Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets set
Embellies: Prima Flowers (Laraine Black Tie) , Black Lace, Black Glitter Ribbon, USArt Quest                          GoldenGlitz, Large Rhinestones, Tim Holtz Memo Pin, Silver bead spray (Found in                            wedding aisle at Crafts 2000/Pat Catan's), Metal Ball Chain, Wink of Stella Clear Brush                       Pen, Gellyroll Stardust Clear pen, Sparkle and Sprinkle Embossing Powder Purple Sparkle

Hope to see your great creations! Click the link in the sidebar to join in and check out the other great creations by our fantastic DT.

I am entering:
 http://www.flonzcraft.com/vsc/  Use A Die/Dies
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges   Halloween (not really sure if this qualifies, but she looks Halloweeny)
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/  Fairies/Angels (Do the wings qualify?)

11 comments:

Robin said...

This is just fabulous! I love the shape. Your coloring is beautiful and I'm loving the steampunk. Hugs, Robin

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is amazing!! Love the steampunk too.
Hugs

Lillian A said...

You've aced the goth/steampunk look on this creation !!

Leslie said...

Wow, this is great, Annette! Love the steampunk! And this fold is great - I created my first one a few weeks ago too! So much fun! Your coloring and your design is amazing!

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

This is an awesome steampunk creation!! Fabulous creation :o)

Shirley said...

This is a total wowser of a card love all the cogs and the image.

Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Shirley said...

This is a total wowser of a card love all the cogs and the image.

Thank you for sharing with us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Karen Letchworth said...

Great project. Thanks for sharing with us.
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Heather said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!! I think you did steampunk perfectly!! Love the fold; it's so fun.

Irena Stefanova said...

What a fabulous project!

Claire said...

Gorgeous make! Thanks so much for joining our 'Use a die' challenge at Flonzcraft Vintage Stamping Challenge
Claire xx