Monday, September 7, 2015

Do a Double Take over at the LTSCB

Happy Labor Day to all of you who live in the United States. I will be celebrating by getting together with my family for a cookout. Our county fair kicks off tomorrow-can't wait for that yummy fair food. Before all that begins though we have a great and easy new challenge-Do a Double Take. All you have to do to enter is use two patterned papers and some kind of stamping. Easy Peasy! Here are the links to our fabulous sponsors:

 Prize: $10 gift certificate


Prize: $12 gift certificate (equal to 3 images of choice) to the shop at www.adayfordaisies.com
 

Prize: 2 images of choice to winner/3 images if they used a TSB image


I am working with Back to School Desk from The Stamping Boutique. Since I work at a school and school has just recently started, this is quite a fitting image for me. Here is my creation for this great challenge:



 

This is my first swing card. I had to do some adjusting to the tutorial that I found at Split Coast Stampers because my die was too small. Click here for the original tutorial. It wasn't perfect, but it turned out okay. It was a fun project. I discovered that the oval die wasn't perfectly symmetrical so it didn't line up 100% correctly, but it was close. The paper is from My Minds Eye and the charms are so old that I don't remember where they came from. I got these alphabet brads as a prize for completing my local library's summer reading program for adults. They were perfect for this. "Enjoy" was from a stamp set by Close to My Heart. The scalloped and regular oval dies are nestabilities from Spellbinders. I want to try this kind of card again with a bigger die to see what will happen.

I hope you will join in our challenge by clicking on the link on the sidebar to visit the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. Our DT has some great inspiration. The contest begins on Sept 7th and you have two weeks to enter. Happy stamping!

I am entering:
 http://stampandcreateblog.blogspot.com/2015/09/september-challenge-back-to-school-sept.html  Back to School

7 comments:

Lillian A said...

Great "back to school" card, which is so popular right now. Great creation, Annette.

Robin said...

Fabulous swing card! I love that paper...so perfect with the image. Hugs, Robin

Heather said...

Super cute! I've never tried this kind of card before, but I should! I think yours looks fabulous, didn't even notice any "imperfections". All the elements you used are PERFECT for that image.

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

So beautiful swing card. The colors are just beautiful.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

You did fantastic job on your swing card! It's cute and fun. Loving all the embellishments.

Leslie said...

Love, love, love! What a fun fold, Annette! And you did a great job coloring that adorable image and embellishing the card!

Unknown said...

This card is super cute <3 I love your selection of patterned papers