Monday, April 20, 2015

It's Time for Anything Goes at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog

Hi. It’s time  for another “Anything Goes with stamping” challenge at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. We have as our sponsors:

Prize: 2 images of choice to winner
Doctor Digi

Prize: 3 images of choice to winner

Prize: $10 GC to winner

This time I decided to try my hand at doing a candle and tile set. The image I worked with is called Bear with Flower from The Paper Shelter. Here are the pictures of how they turned out.








I copied the images onto cardstock so that I could color them (with copics of course). For the flower images (big and small), I cropped the original image down to just the flower that the bear is holding. I then copied and pasted it onto a different document. I resized them to get the different sizes that I wanted. After I colored my images, I taped pieces of tissue paper onto another piece of cardstock and then copied the colored images onto them. I did this for the main image and the small flowers. For the bigger flowers, I taped scrap pieces of Décor Attitude film to the cardstock and copied them to make the tile.
After I heated the tissue paper onto the candle, I embellished with Jambo Lace tape that I colored with copic to match. Stickles went onto the flower centers and stems. I then covered the candle with USArt Quest PPA and sprinkled some microfine glitter over all of it. For the tile, I cut out the flowers, glued them down, and covered them with glitter as well.

We hope that you will join in the challenge this time. Please remember that you need to use some kind of stamping-digital or traditional. You have 2 weeks. Click the link in the side bar to go to the blog. Check out the rest of our DT’s fabulous creations.


I am entering the following:
http://drsdesignsblog.blogspot.com/search/label/%E2%97%8B%20Challenges Flowers
http://2craftygirlschallenges.blogspot.com/ Spring Time
http://www.sparklingblackrose-craftmylife.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything but a Card
http://notjustcardschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes
http://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Anything Goes

7 comments:

Aunty Sue said...

totally awesome project and love the candle

Leslie said...

Wow, wow, wow! Great job on this candle and tile set, Annette! What a sweet image and you've pulled this off very well! Need to try this technique with the candle!

Heather said...

Wow! This is awesome!! I've yet to try adding an image to a candle, though it is on my "to do" list. You did so well; love the addition of the lace along the top. And the tile is really cool, too.

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls!!! Amy

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Girls!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Shelia said...

Fantastic card and candle!! Love them both. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at DRS Designs.

Desire Fourie said...

Annette this is such a pretty and cute little gift set. A candle is always so useful.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}