Monday, November 3, 2014

LTSCB #41 "Bling it On"

Welcome to a new challenge over at the Love to Scrap Challenge Blog. This time around we want to see Bling on your project. I love Bling-the more the better. I love glitter-so this is perfect for me. Our sponsors are:


Prize: 3 images to winner





                          Prize: $25 gift certificate to online store (good for digital and rubber stamps)


The Paper Nest Dolls


I am working with a digi image called Pumpkin Topiary from Scribbles Designs. I colored it with Ink Tense watercolor pencils. It is a Halloween digi, but I turned it into something I can use for Thanksgiving since Halloween is over. It has a couple of bats on it that I changed.


Here is the card I made:







For my bling I used Rhinestones, Stickles, Wink of Stella glitter pens, and clear Glitter Embossing Powder. The EP is on the tag. I covered the whole tag with it. I turned the bats on the original image into leaves that I then covered with green glitter glue-it's like stickles, but a different brand. I also used white Shimmer Sheets to cut out my die cut doily. Shimmer sheets is a very strong, thick paper. Even using my vagabond I had to run it through about 12 times to get it to cut through. Then I had to take a craft knife to cut the places that didn't go all the way through. It has a great look though-shiny and slick. The DP is from the Fall and Halloween 8 1/2 X 11 paper pack by DCWV. The tag was made with an old tag making kit that I have had for years. I attached a piece of burlap ribbon using the Tim Holtz tiny attacher. I had to staple each side seperately because of the thickness of the ribbon. The sentiment stamp is an old one by KC Andrews. Her shop has been closed for some time, but you might be able to find it somewhere. It comes in a set with a lot of scriptures and is very nice.

I hope you'll join us for this fun challenge. I would love to see your bling! You have until the 16th to enter.

11 comments:

brenda said...

Such lush colours Annette, I always think Halloween gives us the opportunity to really play with those colour palettes.

B x

Jacquel said...

Gorgeous card & LOVE the way you colored that image...great design inside and out!!!
DT Sis Jackie

Dena said...

Hi Annette! Love your projects. I think the purple and orange together is so pretty!!!
You asked me about inktense skin color and I use Carmine Pink and Baked Earth. I have a video of sample coloring on the LOTV website. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

The colors are just beautiful & great design inside and out.
DT Ann

Michelle said...

A beautiful card with lovely details Annette - Michelle x

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing!

Shuly said...

waaaa!! perfect finitions, fabulous tag, perfect ribbon, and fantastic coloring!! gosh such a great job onthis beautiful project!!

Leslie said...

Love, love, love this card, Annette! Your pumpkin topiary is gorgeous and the die cuts and tag are wonderful! I hope you're feeling better and recovering nicely from your surgery. And I love your blog up-do - it's beautiful!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog
Lost Coast Designs
Crafty Cardmakers and more

BrendaB said...

Wonderful card, Annette! I love all the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

So sweet, love the orange and purple combination, nicely done
Hugs Julie P

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Beautiful card Annette! Cute little tag and I love how you re-used the image for the inside. Fabulous job!