Monday, April 21, 2014

LTSCHB Challenge #28 "Scraplift This"

For this challenge over at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog, take 3 of the elements of the given layout and create your own twist.
Our sponsors for this challenge are:
                                                                      Fred, She Said
Prize: $10 gift certificate
Fred, She Said
 
Prize: 2 images of choice to winner
Doctor Digi
 
Here is the original layout created by Cathy:
                                       

Here is my twist using a "circle", the striped DP, and the swirly bling:




 
The image that I used is by Fred She Said and is called "The Old Truck". I tied it into the layout by pumpkin stamps around the wheels and peeking out of the back of the truck. The DP is from My Minds Eye. For my "circle" I traced a diecut jack o lantern onto orange cardstock and then drew around it to make a frame. The image is colored with copics. I used Ranger alcohol ink silver metallic on the bumper and grill for a metal look. I used 3-D Crystal Lacquer on the windows for a glass effect.
 
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you'll join us in this challenge. Click the link on the sidebar to go to the blog.
 


8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a fun design with precious photos.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lori Turner said...

Gorgeous layout, Annette! I love the bright colors, all the elements you added from lifting from Cathy's are perfect! That little scarecrow is adorable! Thanks for all the fun this month being GD - hugs! xoxo

Shuly said...

i looove your photos!!! a great moment to share with a child!! your page is full of adorable details like this beautiful flourish, this amazingly colored car and beautiful border, what a great page!!

Leslie said...

What an awesome layout, Annette! Love your design and the use of the elements you lifted from Cathy's layout! Great job!
Hugs,
Leslie
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Great layout! I love Fall, so I picked up on the pumpkin outline, that is brilliant. Great fall colors for this pic!

Leanne said...

Another fantastic job, the truck is awesome and the colors...wicked. I would love to see a pumpkin patch...very nice layout...WTG!

BrendaB said...

Love your page, Annette! That truck image is perfect for your layout!

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

What a great layout! The truck is perfect for these pics.. your coloring work on the truck is incredible!!!
Hugs,
Cathy DT