Monday, December 10, 2012

White on White wedding card



This card was made for the wedding of some dear friends' son. I saw RRRs challenge of white on white with one other color and thought I would give it a try. The base is white cardstock. The DP is from a paper pack of white decorative paper. I took a copic marker and colored some of the flowers on the paper to contrast with the whiteness. The sentiment is printed from my computer onto white cardstock and cut out with a fancy oval die from spellbinders. I tried putting one through an embossing folder, but I didn't like it. The ribbon is white with silver thread. I colored the edges with the same copic that I used on the flowers. The dimensional roses were cut using the cricut Art Philosophy cartridge-one at 3", two at 2 1/4", and two at 1 1/2". I used blue glitter cardstock for them. I placed white pearls in the centers. Here is the link to RRRs challenge along with the other challenges I entered:

http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2012/12/rrr-challenge-61-white-on-white-plus.html
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/sentimental-friday.html

4 comments:

Heather said...

What a fabby Wedding Card!! Love how your flowers turned out, and how you colored some of the flowers! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!!
hugs
Heather

Anonymous said...

This is a lovely project, Annette! I love the die cuts and your stream of blooms is luscious. Thanks for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon! -Vivian

Laurian said...

Lovely wedding card, love the cricut roses so beautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Lady Annes and I hope we see you again soon!

Hugs

Laurian

Desire Fourie said...

Beautifully elegant. Love those flowers. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Lady Anne’s Paper Crafts DT Member}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
{Doing Life – 400 Follower Give Away}