Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Joy to the World Christmas Card

I have made two variations of this card. I cannot take credit for the design. I scraplifted it from an Archiver's flyer that I got in the mail. The stamp is from Daily Bread Devotionals. The rest is just cardstock and Bakers Twine. The bottom piece is ran through an embossing folder. Here are the pics:


I made this for the Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog. We had to use pink for this challenge. I used white perfect pearls on the stamp (stamped w/ perfect medium). It didn't turn out very dark, so I will have to do something different I think next time. I don't have any winter magnolia stamps, so I used Sweetie Tilda. I placed her so that she is next to the tree with her gifts. The gifts are just squares of paper tied with bakers twine. I am entering this card in the following:

http://magnolia-liciouschallengeblog.blogspot.ca/2012/11/dreaming-of-christmas.html
http://tildastown.wordpress.com/2012/12/07/challenge-30-celebrate-christmas/
http://simplymagnolia.blogspot.nl/2012/12/tis-season.html


I did another version without Tilda using normal red and white. I like the clearer image. I stamped with Memento Lady Bug ink. Before it dried, I sprinkled it with clear embossing powder. I placed some rhinestones on it and used my clear stardust pen to outline the stars and big words.

 
This card is entered into:

 

16 comments:

Sassy Raggedy said...

Beautiful....Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at QKR Stampede. joann sassy raggedy

Riet Kamstra said...

Both beautiful with wonderful sentiment. Thanks for joining us @ Tilda's Town challenge this week!

Riet xx

Christa said...

What a very beautiful pink Christmascard ! Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town ! christa.

Nicole said...

Such a lovely pink Christmascard. Thanks so much for joining us at Simply Magnolia. Good luck. Hugs, Nicole

Céline said...

so cute card
thanks for playing with us at tilda's town this week
hugs
céline

Rene said...

So pretty...love the twine around the presents! Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda's Town this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back Friday!
Rene ;D

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Amazing. You do such a wonderful job. Want to exchange Christmas cards???

Tina Makuc said...

Wonderful cards!!
Thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town in our Christmas Challenge..
Hugs, Tina

cabio's craft corner said...

Awesome cards. Love the shiny tree on the first card and the embossed background on your second card. Thanks for sharing :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kelly said...

I like the embossed tree on the front and then on the inside. Tilda is adorable sitting and waiting for Santa!
Hugs, Kelly

Sherry said...

Love both of your cards!!

Hugs and Merry Christmas.

Eulanda said...

Oh these are both so sweet but I'm really liking the pink one!! Great addition of those little gifts beside Tilda. Thanks so much for joining us at Magnolia-licious. Hope to see you back. Merry Christmas! Hugs!

Norma said...

So pretty, Annette--both of them. I love this Tilda--one of my faves. That's one beautiful sentiment stamp in the shape of a christmas tree. Love it!
Hugs,
Norma

Cathy Lee said...

Tilda looks adorable, Annette. I love the pink background with the gorgeous silver tree. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious' Pink Christmas.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Unknown said...

That's a beautful Christmas card Annette. I love it! With perfect christmas card messages, that can make a beautiful present this x,as 2012. Happy Holidays to all!

Rachel said...

Gorgeous image. Thank you for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin this month and we hope to see you again soon! Wedgie xxx