Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween Witch




I don't usually make Halloween cards since we don't really celebrate it, but I found myself in need of one for my Secret Pal at work. I went online to look for witch pictures. I thought I could make a funny one with a big warty nose but I didn't know how to make the clothes. I went online just to see what witch clothes look like. I came upon this picture instead. It was so cute I couldn't resist using it. I have no idea where it came from. It was just an image that came up in my search for witch pictures.
 
I had to recolor her because my printer doesn't print well for some reason. I used my copics to brighten her up. One of the challenges I saw yesterday needs a flower, so I stamped a small one on orange paper using Ripe Persimon Distress Ink. I cut it out, used my stardust clear gellyroll pen for glitter and stuck it on her hat as a pompom. I used gold stickles on the buckles of the hat and shoes and the center of the flower. I made the tree using a stamp from a set by Stampendous. I think its called Summer Tree Fun. I stamped the tree and cut it out. Then I flipped it over so that I didn't have any of the lines from the stamp on it. The leaves are from the same set. I stamped on Orange Paper and used Ripe Persimmon Ink again. I outlined them with the stardust pen. The moon is just a 3 1/2 inch circle cut from Cream Cardstock. I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut Cartridge to cut it out. The sky was done using Stormy Sky and Chipped Saphire Distress Ink. I outlined the moon with the stardust pen and dotted the sky for stars. I was really pleased with the outcome. Here are the challenges I entered:
 
 
 
Use It Tuesdays challenges are intended for us to use things we already have. All of my paper is from my stash. The only things new are the image and the stamp set that I used.
 
I can't believe it snowed today in Ohio. I am just thankful we didn't get the weather that the East Coast did. I want to wish everyone there the best and I hope that you are all safe. My prayers go out to you!


12 comments:

DesignerDiva said...

This is gorgeous cute creation and I love it!
thanks for playing along at Diva's this challenge and I hope you join us again soon
HUgs Laurie xx

Karen said...

Thank you so much for joining the LSP Challenge this week with your most adorable card. You little witch is so cute and you colored her so perfectly. I love the tree and the colors in the back ground. Karen

Debbie said...

So cute!!! Thanks for sharing your little witch card with us in the Tea Room this week :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the gorgeous vintage look of this card! Beautiful. thanks for joining our orange challenge this week at Use it Tuesday.
Tammy

Charlotte said...

Hi, lovely card and such a cute little witch and fab design. Thank you for joining Songbird Challenge this week, and good luck in the draw:)
Hugs Charlotte

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Love the choice you made with the witch , she is
So cute . Thanks for joining us at LSP !
Brianna
Happy scrapper

Heather said...

Such a cute little witch. I am with you on Halloween cards; never make them as I do not have a use of them. Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week for our Anything Goes challenge.

Frances said...

What a wonderful card! Love your design and your coloring as well. Oh,I have never seen snow falling!!! hugs, Frances.

Danielle said...

What an adorable card, love that cute image!
Thank you for playing along with us at Use it Tuesday!

TheTulipCollector said...

Great card. Your secret Pal will be so impressed.

Laura Bradley said...

Hi Annette! Thanks for joining us at Songbird and sharing this fab card with us! Laura x

Debbie said...

Love this cute card. Thank you for joining us at Sparkles this month.
Debbie x