Monday, October 29, 2012

CDAC Progressive Challenge



Soccer is finally over, but it seems like life is still crazy. I have been able to get some crafting done, but no time to go to the library to post. I almost forgot that I needed to use this image for the CDAC Progressive Challenge. I did remember though, just in the nick of time. The image was provided to us by Pattie's Creations. I wanted to put the sentiment on the ribbon because with the image popped and the diecuts I had used, I hated to to use anything else for fear of making my card look cluttered. I could not find any nice way to write on the ribbon though. This is (I think) my 4th attempt. It was hard to find something that would write on it. The swirly doodle is a sizzlit by Sizzix. The mats were done using dies from Lifestyles Crafts. The image was colored with copics. I stuck decorative pins in it in place of the pins that were on the image. I added a butterfly charm to the middle pin. I cut apart the spools and wrapped bakers twine around them. I glued a white button with twine to the one in the image. The image is popped with foam squares. This was my first attempt to use the on the edge dies from Tim Holtz. I messed them up because the card is longer than the die and I had to try to make a second cut. I didn't get it positioned correctly. Live and Learn. This card was made for the following challenge:

http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/cdac-progressive-freebie-challenges
http://www.annabellestamps.blogspot.com/2012/10/absc055.html
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/10/mojo-monday-265.html
http://www.paperplaytime.blogspot.com/2012/10/ch-87-anything-goes.html
http://www.thepoodlesparlour.blogspot.com/2012/10/anything-goes.html

PS: If anyone knows a good way to write on ribbon, please let me know:) Thanks for looking.

8 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

wow, this is awesome...super cute card...hope you have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

A Consuming Passion said...

Lovely little card! Love the twine wrapped spools and your hand written sentiment! I've stamped on ribbon (without much luck ) never actually written on it though.....must try!
Thanks for sharing with AnnaBelle Stamps this week.

Anonymous said...

So sweet! LOVE the spools of twine!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps this week!

Kylie said...

What a great card! LOVE your spools of twine and your sentiment is Awesome and oh so fun and I simply LOVE the pins in your pin cushion!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Andrea said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous detail!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea

Unknown said...

Love that you added real twine to the spools and your sentiment is lovely too! Gorgeous details!
Jennyfer

mum of two said...

What a great project! I love the addition of the twine. Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

~ Barb said...

What a genius idea to add real twine to the spools! And I love all the dimension. Thank-you for sharing with us at The Poodles Parlour!
{Hugs} Barb, DT