Saturday, September 29, 2012

First Easel Card




You will have to pardon my mess. I didn't realize that the image looked so cluttered. I didn't get my tools out of the way. This is my first try at an easel card. I watched a You Tube tutorial and then went to Splitcoast Stampers for more directions. This adorable image is provided by Doodle Pantry for the CDAC Progressive Challenge. This is the third challenge. I got the image early to see what I could come up with. The card was cut out on my Vagabond using the biggest Nesting Lace Circle die from Lifestyle Crafts. I then cut the image out with the next size down (after I colored it). I ran a gathering stitch along the bottom of some ribbon and pulled it to gather. I then attached the ribbon to the back of the image. To make the card I had to cut another large circle. I folded the front of the card in half (this makes the easel). I matched the large circle that I cut to the front of the card. I used my AGT gun to attach just the bottom half of the two circles together. I then attached the image with ribbon to the front of the card. I popped the sentiment with a foam square. I then decorated the inside of the card. The DP is from Bo Bunney. It is a piece of double sided paper. I used the large die to cut part of a circle. Then I reversed the paper and cut out another circle which I trimmed down to match up with the other piece. In order to match the front of the card, I again gathered a piece of ribbon and attached it to the bottom piece of DP. I attached everything to the inside of the card. I decided to make a pocket and stuck a tag inside. I made my own tag out of cream cardstock. The bottom picture is what the card looks like when it is closed. The top pic is when it is standing open. I think this image is one of my favorites so far. He looks so cheery:) Again, here is the link to the challenge:

http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/cdac-progressive-freebie-challenges
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/mim-108-with-digi-doodle-shop.html
http://deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-35-more-than-2-colours.html

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute, cute card. You did a fantastic job for your first easel card or your 100th for that matter! :)

Billie A said...

I saw your card on Make it Monday. Very nice first try at an easle card. They are fun to do and sure it wont be your last. I love how you did the pocket to yours. Nice image and colors. Very nice work.

Shirley-Anne said...

I'm so happy that you shared your first easle card with us at Make it Monday . It is a beauty and I hope that you share some more with us .
Shirley-Anne

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the ruffles and great job for your first!

Anonymous said...

What a cute little piggy, very sweet card
Hugs Julie P