Saturday, September 15, 2012

Candle and Box Craft

I saw this design at a store called Sol's in Berlin, Oh when I was on a trip to Amish Country. Berlin is probably the most popular town in this area of Holmes County. I thought it looked like something I could duplicate, so I tried it. The little girls are Magnolia Minis Tilda with Heart and Happy Spring Tilda. The box is a paper box tissue holder that I bought at a craft store. It is like chipboard. I painted it using acrylic paint (raw umber) and cream spray paint. I then flicked paint from a toothbrush onto the edges of the cream. I should have stamped and masked the images first, but I didn't. Lesson learned. I stamped the images and colored them with copics. I had to use paint on the faces because the flesh colored copics didn't show up. I printed the lettering using Word and hand cut the letters. I traced them onto the box and filled them in with a copic black marker. I added white to highlight. I covered the box with two coats of spray poly urethane for protection. The doily on top and the electric candle are attached using a hot glue gun. I added a pit berry ring and a bow. I hope you like it. I was pleased with my first attempt. Hopefully my next one will be even better.


 
 
 
Here are some challenges that I found that I could enter:
 


17 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW! Very nice. Bet that took a lot of time!

Karen said...

Wow! Beautiful box.

Karen

Anonymous said...

This is just too cute! Love that sentiment!

cathylynn said...

You've created a lovely box. I love how you put a couple of Tildas on it. I've been to Berlin, Walnut Creek and Sugar Creek numerous times. I love to spend the day there shopping and of course enjoying a great dinner at the Der Dutchman in Walnut Creek. Lately I've noticed that the stores are getting into more clothing and jewerly and less crafts. I love to go there!
I'm a new follower too!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

paula said...

love it, such a beautiful project xx

Elle said...

Such a sweet box!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea, very clever, Thanks so much for joining in at Tildas town
Hugs Julie P

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a wonderful project, I like the sweet Tilda images, Thank you for joining in our 1st challenge at Heck of a challenge, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Linda Palmer said...

This is such a wonderful creation. I love your Tilda's and all the detail and extras you have added. It is beautiful!

My name is Cindy said...

What a clever project! Thanks for joining in with us at TioT. Unfortunately as you have entered more than 5v challenges your project is not eligible for Top 5. But thank you for sharing and I hope we will see you playing along next time. Cindy

cabio's craft corner said...

Annette, this card is so very cute. Love the sweet idea and the fun turn out :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Rene said...

This is such a neat project!!! Thank you so much for joining us at Tilda's Town! Good luck and I hope to see you back Friday!
Rene :D

phamil said...

Great looking project and we appreciate you entering our challenge at RRR!

Anonymous said...

So Tilda crafty! So glad you linked up to Tilda's Town Challenges! Thanks for playing!

Elle said...

Your lamp is so pretty and a brilliant idea!

Suzanne said...

great project well done thank you for joining us at cmc this week

DesignerDiva said...

Another fabulous creation Annette and I love that you used Tilda, she is my favourite!
thanks again for joining us at Heck of a Challenge for our very first challenge I hope you will join us again soon and good luck
Hugs Laurie xx