Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Magnalicious Birthday Card

I have fallen in love with Magnolia Stamp's Edwin and Tilda. As such I ordered several items from them. I have used Edwin wants a Hug and Sweetie Tilda on this card. Here they are decorating for someone's birthday. I thought that it looked like Edwin could be holding something, so I wanted to try this idea. I had to make this a large card because everything wouldn't fit on the 4X6 size. Here's the pic:


I don't have the wonderful coloring techniques that the Magnalicious DT use, but it didn't turn out too bad. The background paper was double-sided. I cut an inch off of the bottom and reversed it to look like a wall and floor. I used the brown side of a double-sided ribbon to imitate wood trim. The sentiment is a chipboard shape that coordinates with the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge. I colored it with a copic marker (G94). The stamp also comes with the cricut cartridge set. I added distress stickles for dimension. The gift is just a square of shiny paper. I added ribbon to it so that it would like like a present. The banner is hand-cut pennants. I used small alphabet stickers from Creative Memories. I cut holes in the pennants with my Big Bite and strung them on bakers twine. I glitter embossed a brad to make the banner hang on the "wall". I used foam squares to pop everything up for dimension. It looked better than just putting them flat on the card. For the Crafty Boots challenge there are stars, stripes, and dots on my card.
Here are the challenges that I found to enter:
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.com/search/label/Inspire%20Me%20Fridays
http://www.celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-69_10.html
http://useittuesday.blogspot.com/2012/07/challenge-35-emboss-it.html
http://craftybootschallenges.blogspot.com/2012/07/bingo.html 

24 comments:

Migdalia said...

What a wonderful card!Super cute image!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Annette!
I love the design of your card. it is very creative. You did a super job of the coloring especially Edwin's hair.
Just became a follower.
Hugs Maz

Patti Jo said...

So cute how you've done the banner and you did a great job on your images! Welcome to the Magnolia-licious group!!!

Unknown said...

Oh how cute!. I love the way you fussy cut the images and made a scene. New follower :)

Jani
paper compulsions

Paula said...

Great card. I think your coloring looks wonderful. And I love how you added the banner...very cute.

Adrian said...

So adorable! Thanks for playing with us @ CTO!

BugBites said...

OMG- how cute is this. Love it. TFS with us at CTO.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, love the banner, great job, Welcome to the Magnolialicious group
Hugs Julie P

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fab card, I love the bunting, it looks great. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Stephanie U said...

What a creative card! Thanks for playing along with UIT.

Unknown said...

What a cute and intricately made card! I love all the detail including the embossed brad to hold up the banner. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Norma said...

Annette, this is wonderful. What a cute scene you've created. Adorable Tilda and Edwin. Great attention to details. Love how you've strung your string through each of the pennants.
hugs,
Norma

Pam said...

What a sweet card! Suzanne Dean has some great videos for coloring hair and more.

Haven_mom4 said...

The birthday banner is a great way to use up those mixed match color alpha sticker. I have bunches of them too. thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday

Elle said...

Great job on your card! I love the banner.

Tonya said...

What a FANTASTIC idea for a card! Awesome job!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

Tonya
CTO DT

Unknown said...

WOW, this is a great 'scene-captured' card, what a great idea to use the stamps in other way (I love when people think different about obvious things while crafting). You've put so much work into this card! Very inspiring! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Rachel said...

Wow! Love this card! Your bunting is an awesome idea!
Thanks for joining us at Celebrate the Occasion this week!

Rachel xxx

MrsD07 said...

Oh how I love this card!! That banner is awesome!! Thanks for joining us at use it Tuesday!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

How cute is that, I just love the banner in there hands and your coloring is beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Happy Birthday" Challenge :)

Cathy Lee said...

Darling card, Hun. Perfect Magnolias for this design. Check out Suzanne Dean on YouTube for great coloring tips. She also has awesome classes on her website at http://scrapbitzcopics.ning.com/
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Heather B said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week!

cabio's craft corner said...

Fun and cheerful birthday card. Love the colorful banner on the Tilda & Edwin birthday card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Lady E said...

Gorgeous card! Banner is great, colours are fantastic!
Hugs
Lady E