Sunday, October 30, 2016

Tags inspired by Tim

I’m here today to share my versions of the October tag made by Tim Holtz. I made two tags. The first one was done using his tutorials and making a monster tag for Halloween. The other is my own spin using the same materials and background but different focal points so that I can display them all year. Here is where you can find Tim’s tutorial Here.

Here are my Tags:










Recipe for the Monster Tag:
Base: Large Manilla Tag
Background: Tim Holtz Curiosties Ephemera Pack, Distress Collage Medium Crazing, and Festive                              Berries Distress Crayon and White Gel Pen. Then splattered with Black Soot Distress                            Paint
Monster: Tim Holtz Sizzix Monster Die, Cardstock, Tim Holtz self-adhesive Foil Tape (placed on top                   of the card stock), Sizzix Riveted Metal embossing folder, Distress Paints Black Soot and                       Tarnished Bronze
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher staples, Observations Word Band, Long Fasteners, Wicked T
                                Adornments, and Tinsel Twine; White coated wire (to look like webbing)
Adhesive: Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and foam tape
Tools: Tim Holtz Spatter and Collage Brushes, Tiny Attacher, Tea Towel (to wipe paint off of monster),
             Hole punch, paint brush, Vagabond Die Cutting machine




For Journey Tag:
Base: Large Manilla Tag
Background: Various scraps of paper-mostly Tim Holtz, Distress Collage Medium Crazing, Chipped                           Saphire Distress Crayon, White Gel Pen
Focal Point: Tim Holtz Regal Crest Big Die, Our Daily Bread Workshop Tools Dies, Meadow and                             Denim Alcohol Inks, Riveted Metal Embossing Folder, Cardstock covered with Foil Tape,                     Black Soot and Tarnished Bronze Distress Paints
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Tissue Tape (Tape Measure), Handwritten Journey Dies, Staples, Sprocket                              Gears, Game Spinner, Long Fasteners (corner ones inked with Metallic Silver Alcohol                            Ink), Vial Label, Elements Remnant Rubs, Nails from the Workshop Tools Die Set,                                Tape Measure Ribbon from Michaels
Adhesives: Same as above
Tools: Tiny Attacher, Felt Pads for inking, Tea Towel, Vagabond

I discovered that I could ink the foil tape but  it took a few layers to get it as dark as I wanted it. To grunge the crest I put on a layer of ink and then wiped it off gently while it was wet. That took off the layers in spots to let the base color show through. I have become a fan of foil tape and hope to use it again soon. I am eager to see what it looks like as snowflakes covered with glitter. I also wore a rubber glove so that I would not get ink all over my fingers. I used just the felt pad without the applicator tool in order to get aroung all of the raised embossing.


I hope that you enjoyed seeing my tags. I sure had fun making them!

I am entering:

1 comment:

Julie Odil said...

Great tags. Definitely "Tim" inspired. Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member