Friday, April 8, 2016

I'm finally back with a new card!

I am finally back to post a new card after several months of inactivity. Life just seemed to get in the way and I found it very difficult to get back into the swing of creating and posting.

This card is one of a few that I hope to make for a friend of mine. She is doing some mission work at the Ohio Reformatory for Women. She is teaming up with a group of ladies to do a religious retreat and will be working with 42 inmates in hopes of reaching some of them for Christ. She asked people for some cards of encouragement to give to the inmates. While I am unable to do 42 I am hoping to do at least 3 or 4.


I used a script stamp on blue cardstock. I think the ink I used is Stampin' Up Island Indigo. I used some scrap pieces of DP mounted to the same blue cardstock that I inked the edges on. I also inked the ribbon. The butterfly is from the Stampin' Up set Grateful Bunch. I can't remember where the sentiment came from. The Die is from Lifestyle Crafts.

I am entering the following:


Thanks for stopping by.

7 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

This is awesome, Annette. I love the colors and your design is amazing. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents wtih us in our Flowers and Ribbon Challenge. We hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen, DT Member
Really Reasonable Ribbon

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful card and such lovely colours and design! Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx
http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

Lori said...

Lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

nwilliams6 said...

What a great cause! Your scripture is really set off well by your colors and other details. Wonderful card with a wonderful message and wonderful destination. Thanks for sharing this with us in the DRS Designs challenge. Good luck.

Leslie said...

Annette, I love this! It's great to see you back in the saddle again! :) Thanks so much for sharing your project with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Flowers" challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, RRR DT
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT

Tamara said...

Lovely card!
Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Girl challenge! xoxo t.

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Wonderful card for a great cause! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
Tina dt