Monday, June 2, 2014

LTSCB Challenge 31 "Mind Your Banners"

It's time for another bi-weekly challenge over at the Love To Scrap Challenge Blog. This time the theme is "Mind your Banners". You must use a banner or pennants somewhere on your creation. Our sponsors this time around are:

Prize: 5 images to winner

QKR Stampede

Prize: 7 images of choice to winner
Bugaboo Digi Stamps


My card today features Sailor Ragdoll By QKR. My son is in the Navy and I thought this would be a perfect image to use.


I don't have any banner die cuts, so my banner is made using some ribbon that I've had for a few years and jute string. I made the sentiment on Word and cut it out with a Lifestyle Crafts Label It Kit die. I added a couple of patriotic clip art images that I found on the web. The butterfly is covered with 3-D Lacquer to make it more sturdy. The USA is just silver alphabet stickers. The ragdoll is colored with copics. I didn't decorate the inside. With the military, less seems to be more. They don't like glitter on things-too messy I guess. Who wants their military personnel covered in glitter on the battlefront-right? Plus, Eric doesn't like anything that looks frilly or fancy.

I am entering the following challenges:
http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/ Masculine


10 comments:

brenda said...

Such a fun card with a great nautical feel Annette.

Hope you have a good week.

B x

Gerda said...

What a adorable card!! Love it!! Have a great day.
Gerda

Leslie said...

Annette, this has to be one of the cutest cards I've ever seen! Awesome image, flags, background paper and sentiment! I love it!

DIANA L. said...

Great RW and B card I love the shape.
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #133 “Red, white and Blue” challenge, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Shuly said...

excellent!!! both so cute and manly!! a-do-rable!! great job on the banner!! love the light effects in your coloring and the shape of your background! so cool!!

BrendaB said...

What a great card! I just love the background paper you made with Word - fabulous!

Teresa said...

I just love this...super cute paper and great card!

Maire Gamber said...

How cute! Love the image and your coloring is beautiful! I am your newest subscriber!
Hugs,
Marie

Cathy's Obsessions Still said...

What a great card.. love the image and the color work! Very patriotic!! ;0)
Hugs,
Cathy

FiestyCrafter (Tina) said...

Fabulous patriotic card!! It is cute and your son will love it :o)