Monday, April 29, 2013

Do Not Disturb

I am suffering from serious blogging withdrawal! I have been to busy to even touch the computer except for printing some digital images. I made this during the week of Easter, but just hadn't been able to get it uploaded until now. This is a project that I tried using grungeboard. I gave it to one of the teachers that I work with. The bottom piece detaches. I figured that way she could use it at home to catch up on her sleep. With a "Do Not Disturb" sign on your door, you can dream away in peace.



This is actually double-sided. The flip side of the "testing" section says "Conference".

The original pieces were Art Parts. Since they are a bit expensive to use a lot of, I tried tracing them onto grungeboard and cutting them out. The directions for this project are found in one of the Studio 490 project books. There are at least five different project books which can be found at the Stampers Anonymous website.The stamps (except words) are from different Studio 490 sets. Wendy is either really smart or has a great marketer. She uses stamps from different sets to do her projects. If you want to copy them you have to buy 3 or 4 different sets-very expensive at $25 US dollars each. The grungeboard is inked using Adirondack stamp pads and color washes and some Tim Holtz distress ink. The hand is a chipboard piece that I found at Michael's. I didn't have enough Tim Holtz gears so I used my gear die cuts and covered them with silver ink. I also improvised by using Color Me Crazy leaves by Petaloo and regular cheaper brads than the long fasteners by Tim.
I found a challenge from Pan Pastels that I thought this would fit under. I would love to win a starter set.
Here's the challenges that I entered:
http://panpasteluk.blogspot.co.uk/    Dream
http://priscillastyles.ning.com/group/anything-goes-challenge-room  Anything goes.
http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/    Anything goes
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.ca/        Anything goes using 2 or more buttons
http://www.southerngirlschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/      Buttons, badges, or Flair
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/     Anything but a card

9 comments:

Angie Delarie said...

OMG
I'm loving this grunge board look!
What a great job!

Lynnel Lynch said...

Very clever! This is so cute. I work at a high school, I'd love to have something like that. Now you got me thinking. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE
Lynnel CDAC DT Member

brenda said...

What a great door hanger Annette, the bold blue looks really great against the rustic sepias.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous door hanging.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Eva Marie said...

This is so amazing ♥
Thanks for playing at SGC
xx

Brenda Brown said...

Such a great idea and a fabulous present for your teacher friend. Thanks for linking to PanPastel UK this week
Hugs Brenda xox

Jo Channon said...

What a fun project and love the colour scheme. Thankyou for joining in with Allsorts this week Jo x

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

A fabulous make and a great take on our dreams theme, I love the colours and the hand looks fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a fantastic idea very creative!!!!
I love it.